- Open communication channels
- Methods to build trust
- Openly confronting problems
- Contingency planning
- The decision-making process
- Over time, consistency in leadership principles
- For motivational purposes, focus only on the “big picture” and not the WIIFM (“What’s in It for Me?).
- Implicit assumption that there is a direct relationship between leader/team throughout – I would like to have seen a question where “positional authority” was not available and Colin had to use other forms and influence to get the job done. This is because I believe this situation applies to most project mangers!
Comment on this post to let me know your thoughts about the article.